Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Remembering Who's Daughter I Am

So the last couple of days have not been so good. Lots of stress from work, planning a wedding and a move, a lack of sleep and then add the the greiving process to the mix. It hasn't been a very good past few days. ( point in fact I smiled at one of the guys at work today and he asked what was up, I said I was just smiling at him is that okay, he commented back that yes it was fine I just haven't smiled in a about a week.)
Things are starting to get better, while the stress and the greiving aren't necessarily gone they are being looked at through different eyes. I have been reading in the Psalms lately and it has been a huge encouragement to me to read about all the things God was taking David through and how He was using them to glorify Himself and to grow David. I know that the many things that I am walking through our lessons that can grow and shape me.
I have also had heaping of grace poured out to me recently, not just spoonfuls. Because of that, encouraging words and wise counsel my perspective has begun to change.
I am the type of person who when I have a job to do I want to do it all myself (typically) and do it to the best of my ability or even better. I have been told that some times I am too hard on myself- I am beginning to see that and trying to change. My parents always encouraged me to do my very best, I think I have been trying too hard. I remember countless times when my mom would ask/ tell me to remember who's daughter I am. While she didn't want me doing anything that would embarass or disgrace my parents she was reminding me more that I am the daughter of the King and to live like it. So today as I was driving home from work, her words came to my mind so I am going to remember that and face the next month of busyness, stress, excitement and all that is going to be wrapped up in the days before our wedding as living as the daughter of the King!

2 comments:

  1. I love you Joyce!! (((Joyce)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things get better over the next few days! I'll see you sunday!

    ReplyDelete