Thursday, November 12, 2015

You should write more....

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately, one in particular. I have been reading my beautiful cousin's blog, http://theefarmlife.blogspot.com, where she wrote for write31days. It was every encouraging and challenging. Take the time to go and read it!
So in the process of reading I have been thinking about writing in my blog again, wondering if I really have that much to share or would anyone even want to read it? I don't create new recipes, but I love to try the ones I find on Pinterest. I enjoy making crafts, not always original ideas. I have 2 beautiful girls but I'm not sure how much of them I really want to plaster all over the internet. Do I have anything worth saying.....
I am the director of our Wednesday children's program at church. Once a month we make a craft, this month since it is November we were going to make turkey with little small pumpkins. I was able to get most of the supplies from our craft room at church, but I needed smaller googly eyes (because everything is better with googly eyes). So my plan, what I wanted to do was go to Hobby Lobby by myself on Tuesday evening. Because frankly it is quiet a challenge taking a 2 and half year old and a 7 month baby there, only one fits in the cart and the other wants to touch EVERYTHING. That and I don't get out by myself very much these days, so to Hobby Lobby by myself. That's not what happened though, By the time the girls were in bed and I could go it was 7:30 and they close at 8:00. I didn't feel like rushing like crazy to get there and then have no time to look. So I decided to just go on Wednesday morning after Bible Study, not the ideal but it would do.
We managed through Hobby Lobby and as I was getting into the car and turning it on I saw Carolyn getting out of hers with her 2 year old in tow. I hopped out of the car fast and commented about taking 2 year olds to Hobby Lobby was so much fun :)
I told her that I had been reading her blog and was meaning to be an encouragement to her. She told me she had read through mine and I should write more. So I am. I am not sure what I am going to share. Hopefully God will lay things on my heart and I can be an encouragement to someone. I am not expecting to have a huge following, but maybe God can use me to touch one person. I pray that as I titled my blog so many many years ago spoonfuls of grace maybe God will use me to be a spoonful of grace in someones life. We all need it, every moment of everyday. So please stay tuned, I promise to try to be faithful in writing.
So this one is to you, by beautiful cousin Carolyn, keep writing! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment