Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Cookies

It's time to for the Christmas cookies to start coming out of the oven. I actually made my first set last week, and the way they are being eaten I don't know if they are going to make it till Christmas time. I thought I would share my cookie list with a few links to the actual recipes.
My Christmas cookies are a few tried and true favorites that wouldn't be Christmas without. I like to try new recipes, but during this time when time is premium I stick with ones I know and my family loves!
So here is my list and why they make it on my list.
1. Sugar cookies (this is an old family recipe). Who doesn't love sugar cookies with frosting and decorations. I use a Christmas tree, Santa and bell cookie cutter. The majority of the cookies get frosted and just a few get sprinkles. Growing up my mom made these cookies all the time with an appropriate cookie cutter. I have become a sugar cookie snob. I will admit it. I do not like sugar cookies from the store and there have been very few homemade sugar cookies from others that I have liked. I prefer my own! This is a recipe that my mom didn't pass out and share. She shared many recipes, but not this one. I am not really sure why, but I don't plan to share it either :).
2. Peanut Butter Snicker cookies. I actually found this recipe in the coupon section of the newspaper while it college and made them with my roommate. They are now the cookies that I take to Christmas parties and cookie exchanges. They are yummy!!!! http://www.food.com/recipe/snicker-surprise-peanut-butter-cookies-15477
3. Ginger cookies. I do not like these, these are not my favorite, BUT they are my brother's. And for him it wouldn't be Christmas without these cookies, so I make them for him.
4. No Bakes. My mom only made these at Christmas time so for me they are a Christmas cookie. I know that lots of people make them year round. They are one of my favorites.
5. Peanut Clusters. Again these are not one of my favorites, but that is because I do not like nuts. These are simply peanuts in melted chocolate/almond bark and spooned out into clusters or clumps.
6. Chocolate covered pretzels. Enough said. I use white chocolate/almond bark, nothing too fancy, just simple.
7. Whoopie Pies. These are a new addition to the Christmas cookie list. Whoopie pies were introduced to me by my husband. He grew up eating them and I enjoy them now too.
8. Monster cookies. Not really a Christmas cookie, but we had all the ingredients and these are the ones already made and almost gone. This recipe came from Paula Dean and here is the link http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/monster-cookies-recipe/index.html
9. Molasses with Raisins. I have never actually made these before. This was a cookie that my husband wanted when I asked him what he wanted. I have to get the recipe from Grammy and make them for him.
10. Puppy cookies. These are cookies for my puppy. He likes cookies too. I found this recipe on pinterest. Attawolf loved them when I made them for him before and plan on making some for him and some for my brother-in-law's new puppy for Christmas. They were easy to make and have everyday ingredients, if you have a dog make them! http://www.pinkpistachio.com/biscuits-for-boyfriend/.
That's my cookie list. I have several recipes to make this week so we can enjoy them. If you try any of these let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment