Sunday, June 5, 2011

Time

Sometimes I wish I had more time in the day to get things done that need to be done and things that I just want to do. I know that you make time for the things you really want to do, but sometimes you still run out of time. One person can only get so much done in 24 hours in a day. And try as I may I am not the superwoman I try to be, and lovingly my husband reminds me of that.
If I had more time in the day what would I do....
I would cook a wonderful dinner every night for my family, like the ones they make on Food Network and then clean up the kitchen.
I would straighten up and clean up the house so that it wasn't so dusty and cluttered.
I would craft- whether that be sewing, embroidery, scrapbooking, card making, or trying something completely new.
I would keep up with everyone on facebook, blogs and emails.
I would spend quality with my husband Russ and my family.
I would be more involved in my church and serving God.
I wouldn't be tired when coming home from work, especially on Fridays.
I would be productive on the weekend's getting lots of extras done- like making sweets for my family to eat during the week, making a menu for those fabulous meals I would make, going garage saling for deals and special finds, planting flowers in front the house and all the other extra things that I want to get done.
But alas, I don't get much of that done. My house is not very clean and the clutter tends to drive me nuts. I would love to deep clean, but to do it in the evening just doesn't work like when I was single and on my own. I usually cook my family dinner, nothing close to gormuet but still tasty, but lately my husband and brother have been doing a lot of the dinner cooking. I do just a little crafting- last weekend I made a dress and have patterns and material to make a couple more dress and skirts, just haven't found the time to do it yet.
Weekends seem to go by too quickly- never enough time to get everything done. Monday comes around awfully quickly. I never seem to get everything done that I want to do. Sometimes there is just not enough time in the day.
How do I get everything done??????

1 comment: