Sunday, February 6, 2011

Craft Project and Cookies

I got one of my craft projects done. I got the idea from a magazine called Craft'n Things. I took the idea and twicked it a bit for my liking and to make it a bit cheaper. Their instructions said to use chip board for the hearts and letters, but that was more expensive than I wanted, so I used form board and cut it with an knife- with no cuts to my fingers. I really like how it turned out and have it hanging on the mirror above the fireplace.












Yesterday in looking for recipe ideas for this week's menu I came across a cookie recipe that I haven't made in about a year so I thought I would make it again. I originally got this recipe at Starbuck's Cafe. I made them this evening and they were as yummy as I remembered so I thought I would share.
Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie
1 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup dark raisins
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (I just use what I have on hand)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 tbsp dark raisins for topping (I skip this part)
4 tbsp golden raisins for topping (I skip this part)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend together oats, flour, raisins, cranberries, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside. Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until combined. Gradually add oat mixture; beat until combined. Combine raisins for topping in seperate bowl and set aside. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto two baking sheets. Place 1 mounded teaspoon of raisins on top of dough. Bake until cookies are golden brown but still soft, 12 to 16 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy!
Let me know if you try the cookies and what you think! Back to enjoying the superbowl commercials :).











2 comments:

  1. Oh I missed this post before! I love the hearts! I'd say the girls and I have to do that next year, but you know that's never going to happen in my world... Miss you!

    ReplyDelete